Collective reading of the Communist Manifesto
- This event has passed.
February 14 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
“The proletarians have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a world to win”
What better way to celebrate Valentine’s day than to read a love letter to the working class! Join us for a collective reading and study of the Communist Manifesto. This could be your first or 100th time (and still learn something new) reading the Communist Manifesto. Bring your friends, comrades and date(s)!
Facilitator for this class will be Layan Fuleihan.
Red Books Day is a month-long and international celebration of progressive literature and rational thought, celebrated on (or around) February 21, the publication day of the Communist Manifesto. We invite you to join us for art, music and collective learning:
- Thur, Feb 9 | 6:30pm | History of the Communist Manifesto
- Tues, Feb 14 | 6:30pm | Collective reading of the Communist Manifesto
- Fri, Feb 17 | 6pm | A World To Win: Art Exhibition Opening
- Sat, Feb 18 | 4:30pm | A World To Win: a workshop on artistic process
- Tues, Feb 21 | Doors open at 3pm | Red Books Day Celebrations 2023!
Layan FuleihanLayan Fuleihan is the Education Director at The People's Forum and she is a popular educator, organizer, and lifelong student of historical and contemporary struggles of the oppressed. Layan developed her educational approach while working with youth and families in schools, libraries, and community and feminist organizations. In her role … Read More ›