China’s Great Road Book Launch
- This event has passed.
June 3, 2021 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Please join us in conversation to celebrate the launch of China’s Great Road; Lessons for Marxist Theory and Socialist Practices by author and economist John Ross. China’s Great Road features ten articles by Ross published between the years 2010 and 2021, all of which provide a clear analysis of China’s economic and foreign relations policies over the past decades. More importantly, Ross’ writing cuts through Western propaganda and directly addresses China’s socialist project, its history and growth, and what could be possible for future socialist countries around the world. In this discussion, we will celebrate Ross’ work, address the current economic context of China, and the relevance of this book to China’s current geopolitical position.
- John Ross, author of the book and Senior Fellow at Chongyang Institute for Financial Studies, Renmin University of China
- Wang Wen, Professor and the Executive Dean of Chongyang Institute for Financial Studies, Vice President of Silk Road School, Renmin University of China
- Radhika Desai, Professor at the Department of Political Studies, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada and Director of the Geopolitical Economy Research Group
- Vijay Prashad, Executive Director of Tricontinental: Institute for Social Research and the Chief Editor of LeftWord Books
- Brian Becker, Director of the ANSWER Coalition, Founder of the Party for Socialism and Liberation, and Host of The Socialist Program with Brian Becker