PEACE IN UKRAINE: SAY NO TO ENDLESS U.S. WARS
- This event has passed.
March 18 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Protest on the 20th anniversary of the U.S. invasion of Iraq
Peace in Ukraine – Say NO to Endless U.S. Wars!
Saturday, March 18 at 1:00 p.m.
The White House
Coinciding with the 20th anniversary weekend of the criminal U.S.-invasion of Iraq a major set of actions will take place including a demonstration at the White House in Washington, D.C. on Saturday March 18 demanding “Peace in Ukraine – Say NO to Endless U.S. Wars” and “Fund People’s Needs, Not the War Machine.” Since 2003, the U.S. has engaged in sanctions (economic war) on more than 40 countries. These targets of U.S. economic warfare include the people of Cuba, Zimbabwe, Venezuela, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Iran and many other nations. Even in the wake of the worst disasters, like the recent deadly earthquake, Washington keeps its cruel sanctions in place against Syria. U.S. bases and “commands” blanket most of the world. It is a global empire.
The Biden administration is determined to escalate the Ukraine war. The real goal of the massive arming and training of Ukrainian forces has nothing to do with the interests of Ukrainian, Russian or American people. The aim instead is to “weaken Russia” as stated by the U.S. Secretary of Defense himself, even at the risk of a catastrophic nuclear war that could end life on Earth. A U.S. General commanding 50,000 troops in the Pacific also issued a letter to his sub-commanders in recent days informing them that he believes that the United States will be at war with China within two years. The danger of global war is growing! The people must act!
The demonstration will make connections between the human and financial toll of U.S. militarism at home and abroad. Key demands include:
- Peace in Ukraine – Negotiations not escalation!
- Abolish NATO – End U.S. militarism & sanctions!
- Fund people’s needs, not the war machine!
- No war with China!
- End U.S. aid to racist apartheid Israel!
- Fight racism & bigotry at home, not other peoples!
- U.S. hands off Haiti!
- End AFRICOM!
Join us on the bus leaving from NYC on March 18 at 6:30 am EST.
A wide range of anti-war organizations are uniting for a powerful weekend of action anchored by a demonstration outside the White House, including:
- ANSWER Coalition
- The People’s Forum
- Black Alliance for Peace
- United National Anti-War Coalition
- World BEYOND War
- Popular Resistance
- Veterans for Peace
- Party for Socialism and Liberation
- Al-Awda, The Palestine Right to Return Coalition
- U.S. Labor Against Racism and War
- National Council of Eritrean-Americans
- Leonard Peltier Defense Committee
- Universal African Peoples Organization
- Coop Anti-War Café Berlin
- International Action Center
- East Bay Democratic Socialists of America
- Women Against Military Madness
- Nevada Green Party
- Mobilization Against War and Occupation (Canada)
- Green Party of Michigan
- Samidoun Palestinian Prisoner Solidarity Network
- Ohio Peace Council
- Committee of Anti-Imperialists in Solidarity with Iran
- Green Party of Connecticut
- Berekeley Fellowship of Unitarian Universalists Social Justice Committee
- Environmentalists Against War
- Pacific Green Party (OR), Linn-Benton Chapter
- Lauren Faith Smith Ministry for Nonviolence
- Maine Cumberland County Greens
- Genesee Valley Citizens for Peace
- San Jose Peace and Justice Center
- Servicio Particular Alacran
- Minnesota Peace Action Coalition
- PeaceWorks of Greater Brunswick
- UPWARD (Uniting Peace With Actions Respect and Dignity)
- Socialist Party of America
- North Country Peace Group
- Green Party Elders
- Students for a Democratic Society at USC
- Capitol Area Greens (Michigan)
- Fire This Time Movement for Social Justice Canada
- Hands Off Uhuru! Hands Off Africa! Defense Campaign
- Uhuru Solidarity Movement
- Soakoaroan Mix Youth Organization
- Friends of Latin America
- MN Anti-War Committee
- Maine Green Independent Party
- Virginia Defenders for Freedom, Justice & Equality
- Odessa Solidarity Campaign
- Bianca For San Francisco
- Green Party of Utah
- Workers Voice Socialist Movement (Louisiana)