The People’s Forum is a space dedicated to advancing the struggles of the poor and dispossessed. Utilizing popular and political education and fostering people’s culture, TPF seeks to develop the next generation of visionaries and leaders. The People’s Forum is located in midtown Manhattan (Lenapehoking) and opened in September 2018.
This is a Full-Time exempt position that reports directly to the General Manager.
● Manage logistics and coordination of events and classes;
● Systematize new policies and processes;
● Respond to requests for space use and member events;
● Track and enter timesheets for staff members;
● Review and manage online platforms such as Action Network, Google Workspace, Zoom, etc. as
well train new staff on how to properly use the database and any other digital tools;
● Assist with HR functions such as maintaining personnel files and records in compliance with the
document retention policy, onboarding, trainings, etc.;
● Support and operationalize fundraising initiatives;
● Other duties as assigned.
● Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
● Time management/organizational skills.
● Flexible – able to adjust to changing priorities, and ability to multitask.
● Excellent follow-through and attention to detail.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary in the range of $50,000-55,000 commensurate with experience. We provide excellent benefits including full health insurance, life insurance, a 401(k) savings option, and paid time off. Our employees have full access to events and classes hosted at The People’s Forum.
Please send a cover letter and resume to the General Manager, David at email@example.com.
Please include “Operations Associate 2021” in the subject line of the email and submit your application by November 27, 2021.
The People’s Forum expressly prohibits any form of discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. The People’s Forum is dedicated to Anti-Oppression and Equity.