WE’RE LOOKING FOR A COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
Job Title: Communications Coordinator
Location: New York, NY
Working Hours: 40hrs/wk
Deadline: June 14th
The People’s Forum (TPF):
The People’s Forum is a space dedicated to advancing the struggles of the poor and dispossessed. Utilizing popular and political education and fostering people’s culture, TPF seeks to develop the next generation of visionaries and leaders.
The People’s Forum is in midtown Manhattan (Lenapehoking) and opened in September 2018.
Position Summary: This is a Full-Time exempt position that reports directly to Manolo De Los Santos, Co-Executive Director. The emphasis of this position is on graphic design. Basic knowledge of SEO and social media marketing is required.
Responsibilities. Include but are not limited to the following (with the flexibility to implement other projects of value and interest):
- Develop and lead the implementation of marketing and communication strategies across web, social media, print and other marketing channels
- Lead digital content marketing strategy, including conceptualizing, planning, creating, placing, and repackaging content to build awareness, accompany political education, drive engagement, and improve conversation with audiences such as existing supporters, activists, donors, and influencers, etc.
- Regularly monitor performance across all channels (including social and web analytics), suggesting tactical adjustments as necessary and providing weekly, monthly, and annual reports on all campaign activity as well as comprehensive end-of-campaign reports
- Maintain organizational file server
- Design flyers, posters, and other collateral for print and electronic outlets
- Ensure that all marketing and communications materials maintain visual and verbal brand consistency
- Edit video and photos of events, classes, workshops, etc. to create promotional material
- Manage social media accounts such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, MailChimp, etc.
- Create a regular newsletter that is distributed to our subscribers
- Create a regular newsletter that is distributed to our 200 partner organizations
- Manage the calendar of all external marketing and communication activity
- Collaborate directly with partner organizations to develop content for confirmed events, workshops, classes, campaigns, etc.
- Regularly update and maintain the organizational website
- Maintain communication with marketing-related vendors including ordering printed materials as needed
- Prepare all press releases, maintain communication and relationships with news and media companies
- 2-3 years of experience of organizing, building and working with social justice movements
- Bachelor’s degree and/or record of professional development preferred
- 2-3 years of experience in communications with an emphasis in graphic design, strategy and planning
- Working knowledge of database management, WordPress, MailChimp and other
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Proficient with Adobe Premiere
- Excellent research skills
- A high degree of flexibility and ability to problem solve
- Fluency in other languages besides English (Spanish and/or Portuguese preferred)
- Knowledge of new approaches to digital communication and marketing
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Excellent copywriting and copy-editing skills
- Masterful organizational, time management skills and multitasking abilities
- Energetic, organized, a team player; a “roll up your sleeves and do what’s needed” kind of person
- Flexible – able to adjust to changing priorities
- Excellent follow-through and attention to detail
- Solid deliberation skills and political tact/flexibility
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary in the range of $55-60K commensurate with experience. We provide excellent benefits including full health insurance, life insurance, a 401(k) savings option, and paid time off. Additionally, our employees have full access to events and classes hosted at The People’s Forum.
Please send a portfolio, cover letter outlining your qualifications and interest in this role and The People’s Forum along with your resume. Applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Communications Coordinator 2021” in the subject line of the email and submit your application by June 22, 2021.
The People’s Forum expressly prohibits any form of discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. The People’s Forum is dedicated to Anti-Oppression and Equity.