The People’s Forum is a new non-profit in New York City that serves as resource for, and collaborates with community members and organizations in advancing the struggles of the poor and dispossessed. The People’s Forum is located in midtown Manhattan and opened in September 2018.
Our Mission: The People’s Forum is a movement incubator for working class and marginalized communities to build unity across historic lines of division at home and abroad. We are an accessible educational and cultural space that nurtures the next generation of visionaries and organizers who believe that through collective action a new world is possible.
Position Summary: This is a Full-Time exempt position that reports directly to the General Manager.
- Organize, record and prepare reconciliation to be reviewed for all revenue in QuickBooks (including event, education and café sales)
- Process accounts payable including overseeing vendor invoicing, reconciling purchase orders and recording transactions in QuickBooks for all purchases (general operating and café) Prepare and/or review appropriate general ledger entries.
- Support General Manager in developing the organizational budget
- Prepare and/or review credit card transaction reports and expense reports
- Conduct year-end inventory counts
- Maintain organizational compliance with fiscal policies
- Oversee day to day financial management including keeping record of receipts from all departments, petty cash, paying approved invoices, logging income, etc.
- Assist outside accountants with yearly audit and tax return preparation.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field preferred, or 2-3 years of commensurable professional experience.
- Highly proficient with Quickbooks 2016 (Desktop)
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Time management/organizational skills.
- Flexibility to manage multiple projects, adjust to changing priorities, and ability to multitask.
- Excellent follow-through and attention to detail.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience. We provide excellent benefits including full health insurance, life insurance, a 401(k) savings option, and paid time off. Additionally, our employees have full access to events and classes hosted at The People’s Forum.
Please send a résumé and cover letter outlining your qualifications and interest in this role and The People’s Forum. Please also list your salary requirements for the position. Applications can be sent to the General Manager, David Chung at David.firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Bookkeeper” in the subject line of the email and submit your application by January 10, 2019.
The People’s Forum expressly prohibits any form of discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. The People’s Forum is dedicated to Anti-Oppression and Equity.